[ale] Linux for "normal" people?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Nov 15 23:32:48 EST 2004

Scott:

A distro called _Ubuntu_ was mentioned on the list recently and, since I
hadn't heard of it previously, I went to the web site to find out more.

I mention it in response to your comments because they claim to have
accessibility as a focal point of the distro, so it may be worth a download
and some exploration. The bullet point in their features and purpose
statement says:

"Ubuntu includes the very best in translations and accessibility
 infrastructure that the Free Software community has to offer, to
 make Ubuntu usable by as many people as possible."

The distro and it's community appear to be current and active, and may also
offer a place for you to contribute to improving the accessability features
of Linux. Would like to know what you think of it should you check it out.

Long live the diversity of the Linux community!

peace
aaron