[ale] Distro question...

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 12 00:51:27 EST 2004

I may try it again then.  I am thinking about setting up all
the machines in my house to use some sort of remote
home filesystem and LDAP auth to homoginize this mess
(you almost have to when you have like 6 computers),
and if not for that, for the experience.  Does Gentoo have
a sort of kickstart feature?  You seem to have alluded to it
below, but I never saw mention of anything like that.  If it did
it would be a great way to set up a small cluster of mostly
similar machines I think.

Another reason I may switch to another distro like Gentoo
is because I may want to switch from Gnome to KDE.  Gnome
is starting to feel like M$ software in terms of slowness to me,
and when I tried KDE on Gentoo it seemed pretty snappy.

Mike