[ale] possible opportunities to attend the LISA technical sessions free

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Nov 10 15:44:52 EST 2004

USENIX has contacted me with an opportunity that I'd like to share with
the ALE folks.  Specifically, this is targeted at unemployed and/or
college students.

They need some folks to proctor the terminal room at the conference.  If
you fit the above criteria and are willing to give up 12 hours as a
proctor, you will receive free registration to the technical sessions:

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa04/tech/

As I've noted, let me know if you're interested and I'll pass the info
to the proper folks.

The times they need folks are Sunday 11/3, Wednesday 11/17 and Friday
11/19 from 7am to 7pm.  You will work a shift, thus you won't have to
work straight 12 hours, but that means multiple days are possible.

The reason they try to reserve these for unemployed or students is
because it provides some networking opportunities.

Let me know if you have any interest ASAP.

--
Until later, Geoffrey