[ale] Its over. Maybe

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 11:56:41 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 08:38 -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> You're just doing this to yank peoples chains, aren't you?

Not at all.  A few people have cast incorrect, or at best mis-leading,
impressions of one voting systems vendor and I think that some of their
points needed to be challenged.  We all can agree that the system isn't
perfect.  What I am saying is that it will never be, and that it seems
to be good enough for what it was designed for (tallying clicks).

> When people as politically diverse as Aaron and Jonathan _agree_ that
> something vote-wise is wrong and needs fixing and agree AGAIN on a
> solution, I would call it a solution looking for resources to be realized.

Hehe.  I think one needs stronger reasoning other than too extremist
coming into the same light.  US History is littered with opposites
attracting for a common cause, campaign finance reform comes to
mind. :-(

-Jim P.