[ale] KVM switches

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 17:21:07 EST 2004

FWIW, I only specify Cybex KVM switches after having had both Linksys
and Belkin units fail to properly allow server hardware to boot properly
when said servers were not selected at the KVM.  That's wholly
unacceptable to me.  Also, I had an earlier experience in which an
actual IBM PS/2 would not function properly with an actual PS/2 keyboard
going through a Cybex 8x1 KVM and in one phone call to Cybex, they told
me that there was a quirk to the PS/2 that they accommodated with a
special little box that you had to insert inline between the KVM and the
computer.  They sent me one free of charge.

- Jeff