[ale] KVM switches

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 28 11:02:33 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 14:21, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> My set up is a Belkin "Omni cube" 4 port PS2. This does require a power
> brick. I have booted "live" and "dark" multiple Linux machines and even
> some stinky M$ machines. The machines have been across a broad range of
> stuff from an old Compaq Proliant 1500 to a P4 (on the Intel side), a
> few Duron boxes up to me ULB (dual Opteron).
>
> This gizmo has no hot key configuration to switch from the keyboard and
> it emulates PS2 mouse and keyboard signals for the machines during boot.
> I have a M$ wheel mouse that works perfectly and a liteon IR wireless
> keyboard/PS2 mouse combo (I don't use the mouse as it is a real
> stinker). All have worked perfectly. I wish the cables were more
> affordable.

Thanks for all the informative replies.  I ended up getting a Belkin
2-port PS/2 KVM switch.  Haven't hooked it up yet to try it out, but it
seems like it will fit the bill nicely.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Adversity is the trial of principle.
Without it, a man hardly knows whether he is honest or not.
--Henry Fielding