[ale] KVM switches

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Mar 27 14:24:24 EST 2004

My set up is a Belkin "Omni cube" 4 port PS2. This does require a power
brick. I have booted "live" and "dark" multiple Linux machines and even
some stinky M$ machines. The machines have been across a broad range of
stuff from an old Compaq Proliant 1500 to a P4 (on the Intel side), a
few Duron boxes up to me ULB (dual Opteron).

This gizmo has no hot key configuration to switch from the keyboard and
it emulates PS2 mouse and keyboard signals for the machines during boot.
I have a M$ wheel mouse that works perfectly and a liteon IR wireless
keyboard/PS2 mouse combo (I don't use the mouse as it is a real
stinker). All have worked perfectly. I wish the cables were more
affordable.