[ale] OT : SpamAssassin becoming inefective

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 27 12:41:53 EST 2004

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 12:29:32PM -0500, Nathan J. Underwood wrote:
> Just curious to know if anyone else that is using SpamAssasin is
> starting to see more and more spam beating it?  I have been using it for
> about a year, and had been seeing 5-10 SPAM messages per day beating
> SpamAssassin with the default setting (score of 5).  In the last 2 weeks
> or so, though, I'm getting 30-80 through, and have even dropped the
> score down to 4.7.  Just curious to see if anyone else had been seeing
> this too?

What version of SA are you using?  The latest version is 2.63.  Older
versions will let more spam through.  I've also tweaked the rules some
from the defaults.  Depending on the type of mail you get, you might try
that too.  For instance, if I get a message that contains only HTML,
it's a pretty sure bet that it's spam, so I've given it a higher score.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9