[ale] Darn old Gateway

Matthew Magee mnmagee at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 19:57:37 EST 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 03:11 pm, griffisb at bellsouth.net wrote:

> Had a spare 5.25" slot and was ready to roll. The mother board is a little
> big, and I can't slide the enclosure all the way in. It sticks out about an
> inch or two. Urgh!

If you are only using this for full backups at longish intervals, then why not
just pop the case open and hook it on the ide cable as is usual?  Should only
take a few minutes.  On my box, I can pull faceplates and do it without
opening it up!  Works even better if you are only using the primary ide, or
have a long cable for the secondary.

This, of course, would be a pain if you wanted to repeat on weekly or less
basis.  :)