[ale] Darn old Gateway

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 26 15:14:35 EST 2004

Thought I had the backup situation covered and was styling! Wandered over to
CompUSA and purchased a hard disk enclosure (a sliding drive bay). Picked up a
new harddrive. Figured I'd do the backup to disk, power down, pull the disk out
of the bay, then power back up again. Store disk offsite.

Had a spare 5.25" slot and was ready to roll. The mother board is a little big,
and I can't slide the enclosure all the way in. It sticks out about an inch or
two. Urgh!

So, going to punt. My other guess was to use tape. Cheesy tape. But at least
something. Picked up a tape drive off E-Bay (I know, don't use TRAVAN format).
Should have checked comp. stores for tape availability before buying the drive.

Hmmmm, maybe return the drive caddy and buy a USB enclosure for the hard drive.
That would work! It would be slow, but it should work.