{Spam?} Re: [ale] GeorgiaLinux Expo

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Mar 18 10:29:10 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 11:13, Mark Angeli wrote:
> I can tell you a couple of things we found out....
>
> A. You have to be very careful with using the word linux in the name of
> the event. Thats why we had originally decided to call it the
> PenguinFest. Too much work would have had to go in to using Linux. It is
> trademarked after all. If you're set on it, contact Linux International
> ( http://li.org ) for more information.
>
> We met at Ga Tech in the new Ford Environmental Engineering Building. It
> was a nice place. Plenty of room. However, as chris said, there were
> maybe 6 of us.
>
> We sat down, made some wonderful plans and then the worst happened, life
> decided to change things on us.
>
> I'm still interested in helping organize something like this, I don't
> know if I can head it up (having a 4 month old and two jobs...) but I
> would like to see it happen eventually.....
>
> And Chris, I'm sorry for my inaccuracies regarding the ALE. I should
> have checked the archives first... ;-)
>
> Mark

Life tends to get in the way of things I want to do.

There is a website, www.penguinfest.org that needs some more info on it.
The small group that met had some really good ideas. They are still
really good ideas.

Does Atlanta need some kind of tradeshow/gathering/geek fest where Linux
is the central theme? I would argue a strong yes.

USENIX is coming to Atlanta. That might be a time to have a PenguinFest
at a separate location to leverage the presence of others.

Due to a recent job change, I now have more control over my schedule
again and can put some time into this.

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>