[ale] OT: tech support hell at Mindspring

Mazukna, Tomas Tomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Wed Mar 17 08:13:26 EST 2004

> I have learned to never say "Linux." I am surprised that you did - it
is too
> easy for them to say they don't support it, or that it is your problem
(which
> it was in this case). I have never had a good experience going to any
company
> for help with Linux.

I did. With Speedfactory. I was having trouble sending/getting email
from my laptop out of a sudden. Got a tech support person, who KNEW
LINUX. I was very surprised, he started looking at a tcp dumps on their
network to help me diagnose the problem. He even said "Oh, you are using
Debian!". The problem turned out to be misconfigured packaged.... Living
on the edge with Unstable.

Tomas