[ale] GeorgiaLinux Expo

Mark Angeli webmaster at tinyminds.org
Wed Mar 17 11:16:51 EST 2004

I can tell you a couple of things we found out....

A. You have to be very careful with using the word linux in the name of
the event. Thats why we had originally decided to call it the
PenguinFest. Too much work would have had to go in to using Linux. It is
trademarked after all. If you're set on it, contact Linux International
( http://li.org ) for more information.

We met at Ga Tech in the new Ford Environmental Engineering Building. It
was a nice place. Plenty of room. However, as chris said, there were
maybe 6 of us.

We sat down, made some wonderful plans and then the worst happened, life
decided to change things on us.

I'm still interested in helping organize something like this, I don't
know if I can head it up (having a 4 month old and two jobs...) but I
would like to see it happen eventually.....

And Chris, I'm sorry for my inaccuracies regarding the ALE. I should
have checked the archives first... ;-)

Mark