[ale] OT: tech support hell at Mindspring

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Mar 17 07:52:47 EST 2004

>>>>> "tfreeman" == tfreeman  <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net> writes:

[...]

    tfreeman> In a possibly nonimportant coincidence, I just got a
    tfreeman> note from Speakeasy that they are changing (soon??) from
    tfreeman> a 3 tier support system to a single tier. The first
    tfreeman> person you speak to is the person responsible for fixing
    tfreeman> the problem. Plus they are generally linux friendly.

    tfreeman> Can you tell I like the outfit??

Seconded.  Other than initial problems getting the line installed
(which were BS' fault) I've had only minor problems.  Back when I
first signed up with them they did have a fairly long phone wait, but
the last time I called (getting a Usenet password reset) I don't think
I had to wait more than a minute to speak to someone.