[ale] OT: tech support hell at Mindspring

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Mar 17 00:00:23 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 March 2004 08:04 pm, Jim Philips wrote:
> | I spoke to no less than eight people. The Indian lady was the only one who
> | seemed willing to help. The rest of these guys should be worried about the
> | Indians taking their jobs, because they are just a bunch of smartass
> | slackers. Anyway, now I know that I need to talk to Speedfactory.

<<snip of brevity>>

> To date I have had no response to my returned "survey."
>
> I am exploring shifting my accounts to Speakeasy.

In a possibly nonimportant coincidence, I just got a note from Speakeasy
that they are changing (soon??) from a 3 tier support system to a single
tier. The first person you speak to is the person responsible for
fixing the problem. Plus they are generally linux friendly.

Can you tell I like the outfit??

<<snip>>
If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance