[ale] OT: tech support hell at Mindspring

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Mar 17 05:53:19 EST 2004

Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> Then Earthlink made the mistake of sending me their standard
> survey to check on the "support" I had received. I vented using
> many polysylabic words.  I was not happy. I am still not happy.
> And Earthlink knows it.
> To date I have had no response to my returned "survey."
>
> I am exploring shifting my accounts to Speakeasy.

That's the way to go, talk with your money.  Problem is, just like
BellSouth and other too large companies, they don't care.  I left
Wachovia bank as a dissatisifed customer.  When I filled out the paper
work to close my accounts, the woman pre-printed the form with a reason
that stated I was satisified with my service.  Get that, a pre-printed
customer feedback form.  When I told her that wasn't correct, she half
heartedly inquired, but never changed the form.

They don't care because they're too big to care.