[ale] GPL Question.

Keith Morris graphicsguy at charter.net
Mon Mar 15 18:22:48 EST 2004

Here is a code example of what I'm talking about...it's not removing the
copyright, just the DISPLAY of the copyright on rendered pages...notice
right in the copyrigh notice, I can "redistribute it and/or modify it"...

<?php
/************************************************************************/
/* PHP-NUKE: Web Portal System                                          */
/* ===========================                                          */
/* Copyright (c) 2002 by Francisco Burzi                                */
/* http://phpnuke.org                                                   */
/* This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify */
/* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.       */
/************************************************************************/

--- Snip irrelevant stuff here ---

# DO NOT REMOVE THE FOLLOWING COPYRIGHT LINE! #
# YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO REMOVE NOR EDIT THIS. #

// IF YOU REALLY NEED TO REMOVE IT AND HAVE MY WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION
CHECK: http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=Commercial_License
// PLAY FAIR AND SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE!

echo "<META NAME=\"GENERATOR\" CONTENT=\"PHP-Nuke $Version_Num -
Copyright 2003 by http://phpnuke.org\">\n";

?>

still not sure of the answer....

Thanks,