[ale] linux infrastructure advice, opinions, suggestions

Jay jloden at toughguy.net
Fri Jun 18 00:31:16 EDT 2004

Sounds like an excellent thing to look into, maybe even make the
library's digital media available from the school LAN..I like this idea!

Gentoo sounds interesting, I actually went out tonight to pick up a PC
from a friend, and I'm going to install FreeBSD tomorrow evening and set
it up so I can start getting familiar with a straight Unix environment.
I'm force-feeding myself command line by administering my server for my
website and such totally from ssh while I'm home for the summer.  The
server runs in NC and I'm in CT, and I've made huge progress just by
diving in and learning to do everything from command line, so I feel
ready to tackle something like BSD :)

How did I ever live with windows so long??

-Jay