[ale] FOSS solution for POS (for pizza shop)?

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Mon Jun 14 16:06:57 EDT 2004

Hi all,

A friend of mine who runs a pizza place here in Atlanta is getting fed up
of having to pay through the nose for the point-of-sale system he uses.
I'm trying to investigate free alternatives for him.  The only one I've
found thus far is gtk_pizza (www.gtkpizza.org).  And that seems a little
unwieldy and a pain to get going - not much in the way of support, requires
postgresql, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or experience in this area?  My friend uses
those touch-screen monitors, but his current system is some windows-based
crap which keeps flaking out on him.. and I'm sure he could do better.  Any
feedback would be much appreciated..

Cheers,
--George
George Carless ... kafka at antichri.st