[ale] HP NetServer Lxr Pro and Red Hat 9

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Wed Feb 11 15:24:24 EST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:17:54 -0500 (EST)
"Jonathan Glass" <jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu> wrote:

> I run megaraid and aacraid cards.  Basically, you have to change to the
> "megaraid_2002" driver, rather than just 'megaraid'.  2002 fixes lots of
> problems with the older drivers.  Boot into recovery mode with RH8 (if an
> OS is still present on the box), and change /etc/modules.conf to refer to
> megaraid_2002 (check kernel first, make sure it is there).
>
> Jonathan Glass

It's not there.  Course,  I can probably find the module on the web, and I will take a look.

Since you've done a number of installs for this card, how'd you get around the hang problem?  Reason I ask is that I'd like to go with a later version that Red Hat 8...just downloaded Tao Linux but exact same behavior.

If it were simply a driver problem, it would seem I could get it to prompt me for the driver disk during install, but after typing "linux dd", it still hangs just after decompressing the boot image :(.

Have you seen even remotely similar behavior in your installs for this card?

Thanks,
John