[ale] OT - Wireless Data Service options

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Aug 27 08:51:35 EDT 2004

Of the people I know who use them, they have been rather happy. The
biggest weirdness I have seen has been the installed PalmOS is different
for different service providers. This makes for different application
details. One provider has an addressbook that can't be searched by
anything but the person's name field while another can search on any
field.

Coverage is of course dependent on the provider. The further away from
the interstate and/or major city, the flakier the coverage. The more
mountainous, the flakier the coverage. North Georgia (Jasper and up) has
TERRIBLE access (to data services, cell phone, schools, dentistry, etc.)
so keep all that in mind.

So who made the decision to roll out today and _then_ do the analysis
work?

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>