[ale] OT - Wireless Data Service options

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Fri Aug 27 08:47:02 EDT 2004

The carriers that we're looking at are below:

Cingular - I've used them in the past for voice, and had very good
coverage (very poor customer service)
Verizon - Haven't used (since they were air touch), but they claim to
have a huge coverage area
Sprint - Haven't used them at all, coverage area looks kindof spotty as
you get outside the perimeter or away from an Interstate
AT&T - Haven't used them, don't know anything about their coverage are
--
registered linux user # 73046