[ale] Speedfactory upgrade

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Aug 7 10:12:36 EDT 2004

Nathan J. Underwood wrote:
> I moved to the 3MB Speedfactory xDSL a few months ago (about 3 or 4 I
> believe).  The speed is great, and the customer service is great.  I
> have had a few issues, though.  I had bell for about 18 months, and have
> very little downtime, it was just slow (per dslreports, I was getting
> around 200k down on average).  Since upgrading to Speedfactory, my xDSL
> goes down on Fridays and Saturdays, almost like clockwork.  I've rewired
> the house (ran new CAT5 from the nid to the [new] jack that I plug the
> xDSL modem into, then tested the run), used 2 xDSL modems (my old Westel
> from bell, and the Speedstream that Speedfactory shipped), and tried 2
> firewall / routers (both Linksys, the first was an 802.11B with 4pt
> switch, the new one is the WRT54G running the Sveasoft firmware).  Each
> time I've called to let them know of the problem, they've been very
> helpful and very eager to help get the problem resolved.  I love the
> service, the customer service, and the price, but I may have to look
> elsewhere if we can't figure out what the issue is on Fridays and
> Saturdays.  They still get a thumbs up from me, but a qualified one.

Do you have a static ip?  They told me to drop them a ping every few
minutes to insure I didn't get dropped.  That shouldn't be necessary,
but you might give it a spin.  Seems like if it's that consistent
timewise, there must be something going on there they should be able to
figure out.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995