[ale] SBC Speedstream

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Tue Aug 3 13:58:38 EDT 2004

> The 5100 is the 5200 without the usb interface. It is a full
> blown router/firewall with rudimentary IDS capability. He
> should have no problem with setup at all if they have
> provided the admin user/pass combo for the device. Email me
> off-list for the default user/pass combo if they did not
> provide it. If they have changed it, he's at their mercy.
> Otherwise, he can simply adjust firewall settings to suit,
> plug in the PPP username and password, turn on DHCP and he's
> off to the races.

Correction. The 5100 appears to be the 5200's weak sister. Turns out there
are 2 different 5200 products with the exact same model number. No firewall
or IDS on the 5100, but it is still essentially a router that handles the
authentication, so it will work with Linux via the ethernet port.

--
Jonathan