[ale] printing through router

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Oct 17 01:57:51 EDT 2003

1. go to Yast2
2. select "Hardware" then "Printer"
3. click "Configure"
4. select LPD
5. enter router's hostname and "lp" for name of the remote que
6. select the printer brand and model
7. print

On Friday 17 October 2003 00:31, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I have one of those little firewalls that also has a print server on it.
>
> The firewall is an SMC Barricade. I think I have lost the manual, but I
> went to their online manual found the closest router and read those
> directions. My guess is that the port is "lpt1." and that I just use the
> host name. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get it to work, and Suse
> is not auto-detecting it.
>
> Has anyone gotten one of those firewalls to work as a print server for
> linux (better, Suse 8.2)?
>
> There are a lot of choices in Yast2, and I have tested most of them through
> trial an error, and still failed to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com