[ale] printing through router

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Oct 17 01:29:29 EDT 2003

I have one of those little firewalls that also has a print server on it.

The firewall is an SMC Barricade. I think I have lost the manual, but I went
to their online manual found the closest router and read those directions.
My guess is that the port is "lpt1." and that I just use the host name.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to get it to work, and Suse is not
auto-detecting it.

Has anyone gotten one of those firewalls to work as a print server for linux
(better, Suse 8.2)?

There are a lot of choices in Yast2, and I have tested most of them through
trial an error, and still failed to get it to work. Thanks in advance.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com