[ale] which distro

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Oct 13 07:41:47 EDT 2003

Liberie F. Cunha-Neto wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> i like know which distro linux the ale members like use (at home,
> work) just for curiosity

This has been hashed about a couple of times, you might check the archives.

My personal box is SuSE 8.2 pro.  I've got RH 7.3 on my laptop, mainly
because that's the target for my client.  I've got Slackware on one
firewall and a webserver.  I've got Mandrake on another firewall.  My
print server and cdwriter are running SuSE 8.2 pro.  My camera
monitoring server is running RH 7.3.  My daughter's box is running RH
and my mother-in-law is on SuSE 8.2 pro.  I plan to upgrade my
daughter's box and the camera server to SuSE 8.2.

I like the latest offering from SuSE because of the sweet install.  It
also had the best recognition of all my esoteric hardware.  I like
Slackware for firewalls and web servers because it can provide a very
small footprint and targeted environment.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net