[ale] OT - Best newtork switches...

Keith Morris graphicsguy at charter.net
Wed Nov 26 15:59:19 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I just needed a quick bit of advice and couldn't think of a better group
of people to ask.

I am needing to purchase a 48 port 100 base network switch that has
high-speed stacking ports for future growth. I am supporting a group of
designers and developers who use quite a bit of bandwidth and our
current generic 100 base switches uplinked are showing their throughput
weaknesses.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share opinions/experiences
with different switches and offer recommendations on what to buy. I'm
wanting to stay in roughly the $1000-$1500 range so Foundry "BigIron" is
a little out of the questions.

Thanks in advance for any any information you could offer.

Keith Morris
Creative Director
Design / Effects
IQ television group