[ale] OT: not quickbooks

walter Sams wsams at southernlink.net
Mon Nov 24 08:19:00 EST 2003

I suppose I should have clarified the audit trail stuff, you can turn on
audit trails in quickbooks, but you can turn it off just as easily.
Once it is turned off there is no record of deleted transactions.  The
data file is a single file in all versions of quickbooks, while this
allows one to see any transaction instantly in all accounting areas (
gl,pr,ar,ap,jc) it does have drawbacks.

I find that it is popular precisely because you can change anything
anytime.  You do not have to make reversing journal entries.  I want my
cpa,vendors and lenders to have confidence in my books so I am moving
away from "easy"

Walter