[ale] Network intrusion

Frank S. Glass glass at holos.com
Thu Nov 20 09:30:34 EST 2003

Each time we bring up a new device on 802.11 it immediately locks on to an
access point belonging to another company, because they are too clueless to turn
on wep.  The first time we wondered how it came up so fast since we hadn't even
put in the keys, the second time we hadn't enabled wep properly and spent some
time figuring out why we couldn't get to our own devices, yet we could get to
the internet.

Before your post, it never occured to me that our neighbors might detect our
unintentional connections and vandalize our property.  I suppose we'll have to
find out who they are.
--
Frank S. Glass
Holos Software, Inc.