[ale] server crash

Chris Coleman ChrisColeman at mail.clayton.edu
Mon Nov 17 12:07:25 EST 2003

Whether or not core dump files will be created is determined by the ulimit command in /etc/profile. In RH9 it appears the core files are disabled by default. The command used in /etc/profile is ulimit -S -c 0 > /dev/null 2>&1. By changing 0 to a size or the keyword unlimited should create a dump file. This dump file should survive a system reboot.

Chris Coleman