[ale] Debian Woody CUPS Printing Nightmare

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Nov 15 22:11:57 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 17:28, Jim Philips wrote:
> On Saturday 15 November 2003 05:11 pm, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> > James -
> >
> > That got rid of the error when printing from kword but the printer still
> > doesn't move or make a sound.  Test pages and lpr jobs have no effect,
> > but the jobs end as normal.  Time to suspect a bad printer?
> >
> > - Jeff
>
> Where did you get your printer drivers? Did you install gnome-print? Or did
> you use a driver that came with your distro?

Initially, I went with what Debian Woody originally gave me, but I
eventually pulled in the gimp-print driver as recommended by
linuxprinting.org.  It didn't make any difference.

I know nothing of gnome print - just how many parts of a print system
does one have to go find and install in Debian? :-/

- Jeff