[ale] riddle me this batman... network problems continued...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Nov 15 21:00:19 EST 2003

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> If it's a new setup check your hardware.  I've been having a buttload
> of networking problems with one of my systems.  It worked 98% of the
> time but the NFS seemed to have issues of going away and coming back.
> The worst part though is that the IPv6 would work to all my machines
> except the firewall.   Everything else functioned just fine.

It's an older box I reclaimed from my mother-in-law a while back.
Everthing has always worked fine on this box, but I've never networked
it.  I recall trying to configure the nic before running it over to her
house, but gave up with little effort since she wouldn't be using the
nic.  I've swapped out a couple of different network cards and even
upgraded the bios.  I've toggled the 'reset pci' bios option, as well as
the disable/enable ethernet in the bios.  There's also a disable/enable
ethernet dip switch, played with that too.