[ale] Fedora and RHN?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Nov 9 16:12:01 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 15:25, walter Sams wrote:
> Please, can you explain further about what "my sql ledger" is
> Is it a simple ledger which one enters accounting data into or is a full
> featured accounting program? Or is it something that a programmer can
> take as far as a client will pay him to?

SQL-Ledger is a fully GPL'ed double-entry accounting system. It uses a
performance database backend like Oracle or PostgreSQL (not MySQL -
needs transactions which are too new) and is accessed and used from any
web browser. For printing and sending invoices and orders by email as
PDF documents, tetex and pdf-latex is used in the background.

The author makes his living selling documentation for the project (very
well written) and can also provide customized forms, import of data from
old systems (Quickbooks) and other special stuff for a fee. He also
provides a support package for a very reasonable price (less than $200 a
year and he emails back an answer in a very short time).

The web site is http://www.sql-ledger.org

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>