[ale] Performance

Ray Knight audilover at atlantabroadband.com
Sat Nov 8 18:09:45 EST 2003

If you're building C or C++ take a look a ccache as well.  As described
from the ccache home page at http://ccache.samba.org :

ccache is a compiler cache. It acts as a caching pre-processor to C/C++
compilers, using the -E compiler switch and a hash to detect when a
compilation can be satisfied from cache. This often results in a 5 to 10
times speedup in common compilations.

I maintain the m68k Macintosh version of the Linux kernel and this has
proved very helpful.  m68k Macs are pretty slow by today's standards and
using ccache has made building kernels less of an ordeal.

Ray Knight <audilover at atlantabroadband.com>