[ale] Bellsouth SMTP Relay - using Exim

Allan Neal allanneal at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 7 09:11:53 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 08:36:29AM -0500, BruceG wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>       I read through the information in the archives about configuring
> Sendmail to use BellSouth as a smarthost. I'm new at this - and have not
> been using Bellsouth smarthost. Just sending and working, but since I'm on a
> dynamic IP address, Yahoo and Hotmail pop me into Spam folders.
>
>       How do you configure Exim to relay through Bellsouth smarthost? I am
> reading docs, but if anyone has an answer - it sure would help!
>
> Thanks

In your routers section you should have something that looks like this:

#dnslookup:
send_to_gateway:
  #driver = dnslookup
  driver = manualroute
  domains = ! +local_domains
  transport = remote_smtp
  #ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
  route_list = * mail.bellsouth.net
no_more

More is required also, but this should set the smart host in exim v4.2x

Allan

--