[ale] Fedora and RHN?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:37:44 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> > Personally, I am now looking for a new *nix distro to run my servers
> > on.  I've been a supporter of Redhat for my server solutions for a while
> > now, but $179/year minimum is too rich for me, sad to say.
>
> SuSE. (although I just downloaded fedora. ;) )

SuSE's not really any different in terms of the options it offers. The cheap
consumer SuSE products have no guarantee at all on length of errata
maintenance, while the business line is more expensive than the equivalent
RH products.

And then there's the whole Novell uncertainty (a lot of things SuSE got away
with, being German, will probably have to change now, such as all the GPL
violations)

later,
chris