[ale] Hayes Commands

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 5 12:43:41 EST 2003

Chris -

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Christopher Fowler wrote:

> I've got a $70 new no-name brand extrnal modem that will not
> sync at speeds above 19-23K.  Is there a hayes command I can give it to
> force it to sync at higher speeds?  The doucmetnation on the modem is
> lousy.

I only find a book for a 33.6 KBd modem, but it looks like the max.
attempted connection speed is controlled by register S37, with commands
like:

ATS37=<code>

My code list goes up to 19, the last few being:

  15 => 26,400
  16 => 26,400
  17 => 28,800
  18 => 31,200
  19 => 33,600

After that you're on your own. Go fishin, I guess - maybe some "name"
manufacturer posts a more complete set of codes, or take apart a dialing
sequence from [say] Seyon.

HTH.

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu