[ale] future of ALE NW

nick travis linuxnews at wormfishin.com
Wed Nov 5 09:17:38 EST 2003

I'm a KSU student but I have never made it to a meeting because I always
have a time conflict with class.  What about having the meeting on
Thursday night one month and Wednesday night the next?  This would make
it easier for me (and I assume) some other students to attend at least
every other month.  I know this can create some confusion though, as to
which month it is and which night the meeting is.  So it may not be
worth it.  Also, I'm a senior CS major and I would say 95% of the people
in my classes have never heard of ALE, I've told several people about it
and they are interested in the meetings.  I think some fliers on campus
would be a good way to get the word out about the meetings.

Nick

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 16:49, Geoffrey wrote:
> There was a meeting held this afternoon at KSU to discuss the future of
> the ALE NW meetings.  Of late, the attendance has dropped dramatically.
>   It's been quite difficult to get presenters as well.
>
> At any rate, I wanted to get feedback on some possible solutions.  We
> are considering moving the meetings to the afternoon, around 12:30 or
> so, in order to permit more students to attend.  Unfortunately, KSU has
> a large number of evening classes and many students who would likely
> attend the ALE meetings can not make it because of conflicts.
>
> For those folks who are not students of KSU, but have attended ALE NW
> meetings and would like to continue to do so, I'd like to get some
> feedback on such a change. Can you/will you still be able to attend?
>
> For any students who might be on the list, I'd like to get your feedback
> as well.  Will such a change enable you to make more meetings?  Do you
> think other students would attend who currently do not?
>
> Thanks in advance for the input folks.

believed to be clean.
If you have any questions please contact nick at precisionmillworks.com