[ale] future of ALE NW

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 4 17:10:40 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 16:49, Geoffrey wrote:
> There was a meeting held this afternoon at KSU to discuss the future of
> the ALE NW meetings.  Of late, the attendance has dropped dramatically.
>   It's been quite difficult to get presenters as well.
>
> At any rate, I wanted to get feedback on some possible solutions.  We
> are considering moving the meetings to the afternoon, around 12:30 or
> so, in order to permit more students to attend.  Unfortunately, KSU has
> a large number of evening classes and many students who would likely
> attend the ALE meetings can not make it because of conflicts.
>
> For those folks who are not students of KSU, but have attended ALE NW
> meetings and would like to continue to do so, I'd like to get some
> feedback on such a change. Can you/will you still be able to attend?
>
> For any students who might be on the list, I'd like to get your feedback
> as well.  Will such a change enable you to make more meetings?  Do you
> think other students would attend who currently do not?
>
> Thanks in advance for the input folks.

I enjoy the meetings and would be unable to make them if they were in
the afternoon.  I would prefer to keep them in the evening as I can
attend after work.

--
Cheers,
Trey

The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with
composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he
does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper.
- Aristotle