[ale] Bilingual Content

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue May 27 10:35:23 EDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Kevin O'Neill Stoll wrote:

> In the midst of our discussion I sent you an email asking
> how much this person you know would cost to translate some
> content and by what interval would they charge.
>
> Could you give me an idea on cost?

Shop around. I've found different places quote anywhere between $0.15 and
$0.35 per word. Generally, the higher ones don't charge for the 2nd+ time
the same word is translated.

(seems like a weird pricing model, since no-one actually does word-for-word
translation, but that's what all the companies I've talked to do...)

later,
chris