[ale] [way OT]: Workbench power supply?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Thu May 1 22:38:04 EDT 2003

Any guesses on how long "a while" is?  I really don't want to be
swapping car batteries out daily, weekly, or even monthly (for that
matter).  I'd like to find a way to do this by using either an
affordable power supply, or a "combination" of computer power supplies.

Jeff H actually gave me some good advice tonight.  Am I right in
thinking that if I try to draw more current from a supply than it can
handle, the power supply will be the only casualty?  I'm asking this
because I have MANY PC power supplies that can give out 10A at 12V.  I
can burn through power supplies without tears; however, if I lose my
mainboard or my DC-DC supply, I may shed a few.

Any further tips Jeff, et al?
-CB