[ale] firewalls... illegal? Cany anyone read legalese?

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Mon Mar 31 11:58:31 EST 2003

	The biggest complication is the announcement previously about how there
is a method to discover systems nated behind a firewall. Dos this make
it now impossible to hide the systems from the isp? if so, then this law
becomes moot (not likely)
	then there is the concept that my firewall is actualy making the
communication to the other machines. not the systems behind the
firewall.
On a network level, its still system to system communication. At what
network layer are they talking about? layer2 or layer 3, possibly layer
4? if we talk about it at the layer 6 or 7 then every computer is gulty
of this due to it acting as a firewall for the applications? I get the
distinct feeling that the moment this gets accted upon, it will be
thrown out for unenforcability. I just hope the first victim of this
excuse for a law is a network engineer. I would havce so much fun with
the lawyers on this one as an expert witness. <Grin>

Drag0n
dragon at atlantacon.org