[ale] OT: No 3COM but lots of M$ NICs

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon Jul 7 12:50:52 EDT 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 11:36, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I like 3COM, but my favorite is any card that support RTL8139 chipset.

DITTO. My favorite card is the RTL8139.

3COMs can be difficult to correctly identify, are triple the price (even with
less functionality), and do not yeild much higher performance. I realize that
some people swear by them though. I am not sure why the stores would choose
Microsoft over other companies (perhaps it was part of a package deal) - but
with relation to 3COM, I am going to guess the the store wanted to offer NICs
at a cheaper cost.
(Please don't tell me the M$ has $45 NICS in Office Depot)
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com