[ale] need Linux ISP, who is recommended/least expensive ?

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 7 13:02:50 EDT 2003

At 09:53 AM 7/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Sure would appreciate hearing with whom I should speak at joi, for that's
>who I'm using now and they are no help whatsoever and I've now spoken with
>about half a dozen of their "support" people who report that windows is
>all they support, although I was told when I signed up, a week ago, that
>they supported linux. But now no help.
>
>Appreciatively,
>Courtney
>

>Calvin Harrigan wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 18:36, Courtney Thomas wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you.
>>everyone's internet and joi are fairly cheap, linux friendly isps.
>>http://www.ev1.net      http://www.joiinternet.com

Sorry if I misled you.  When I said linux friendly I was talking about the
technical side, they do standard dial-up no fancy in-between software.  I
didn't know that you required tech support as well, being on the list I
thought you were technically savvy enough to do dial-up.  My bad...  To be
fair they say that they don't offer linux technical support on their home
page, but you can dial-up using linux,mac, etc.

So what problems are you having dialing up?

Calvin