[ale] Mozilla, Java -> No input allowed!

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 5 21:11:41 EST 2003

My wife uses an online Java app to enter school grades. In an attempt to get
it working under Mozilla 1.2a with the default JRE loaded (version 1.3.1) I
get an odd result: Java applets work but accept no keyboard or mouse input .

I thought that it had something to do with the fact that I was starting Mozilla
from a WM button, as when I started it from the command line the 1st time I
was fiddling with it, input worked. However no amount of fiddling this time
around has helped.

Any ideas?

BAJ