[ale] DSL switch from DirecTV

Greg runman at telocity.com
Sat Jan 4 16:07:35 EST 2003

I have called both about 5 times and I got a person every time.  Waits were
about the same (as I expect both are swamped w/ DirecTV ex-customers).
Speedfactory told me they were doing about 200 hookups a day.  The only
things I don't like about Speedfactory are no free DNS hosting for your one
IP, no automated and secure web based system to make changes to your
account, and IP's are only given in groups of 5 (a $119/month value to be
sure).  But I think the switch will be easier with them then Speakeasy.

of course as seen here, YMwV - Your Mileage WILL Vary

Greg Canter