[ale] Kernel and hardware woes

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sat Jan 4 16:06:49 EST 2003

172 degrees farenheit?!?!?  That's like 78 degress celcius!

Damn...that's pretty up there.  In fact, that's on the threshold of the
temp at which AMD says your CPU will die.

How long has it been running that hot?  To give you an idea, my machine's
CPU (Athlon XP 2200+) hovers between 42 and 47 degrees celcius, or 107-116
degrees farenheit.

John