[ale] OT: Job Market in Savannah (and other coastal communities)...

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 26 10:57:03 EST 2003

Geoffrey & Andy,

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 09:15, Geoffrey wrote:
> I'm kinda new to all this myself.  I've recently checked out monster.com
> and guru.com , but I'd welcome others input on this subject as well.
>
> Zyman, Andy wrote:
> > Geoffrey,
> > I've been looking for remote DBA/developer position for quite a while. So
> > for no luck.
> > If you know good job search sites where i can post my resume and/or get in
> > touch with people who needs my expertise, that would be great.

	You might try HotLinuxJobs.com.  As someone else mentioned, they're in
Savanah, but by all accounts, the small placement companies are
suffering just like the rest of the IT industry.  I'm in the same boat.

	Also look at www.geekfinder.com.  It is part of dice.com, and is
affiliated with www.userfriendly.org, but you never know.  Also, see
www.godel.com, and look for the "job aids" tab.  It's pretty good in
general, and is local to ATL.