[ale] a request for list change

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Feb 26 10:41:02 EST 2003

I know this has been discussed here before, but ...

It is incredibly irritating that the headers have been so rewritten on
ALE mail that I can't reply offline to someone without extracting the
original mail message, composing a new message and dropping the original
message.

I have a big disagreement with the language logic that the mailing list
app is using. The Sender is the original author. If I reply to sender,
my em,ail should go to them, not the list. If I "reply to all" it should
go to the list without a duplicate being sent to the sender, it should
come through the list mail.

I haven't had the time this week to dig through RFC's on email header
protocol, but I have dug in the past on Evolution's handling of email.
It seems to be rather RFC-compliant. Which tells me that the behavior of
the mailing list software may be bending some protocols a bit more than
I am happy with.

grr. <with recognition that _I_ don't run the list software and am very
thankful for the efforts of those that do, and would also understand if
"this is the way these things work" even if _I_ don't like it>

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part